Removing the Old Door Knob:
- Make sure lock is unlocked
- Unscrew the screws on the inside of the door
- Turn knob so that the door latch opens
- Pull inside knob out of door while holding on to the outside knob
- Set both parts of the knob aside
- Unscrew face plate on the side of the door
- Remove the door latch
Inserting the New Door Knob:
- First check to see if the new door know will fit into the hole already provided.
- If the new door knob is to big you may have to drill a bigger hole
- If the new door knob is to small for the hole already there you may have to purchase a metal face plate for the door.
- If the new latch is to big then take a flat head screwdriver and scrape away some of the edges of the hole tell the new latch slides in.
- If so you can go onto step 8
- If not take out the inside knob and replace it back through the latch make sure that the long metal piece goes through the main latch.
- If key does not turn in lock try un-tightening the screws just a little bit to relieve some of the pressure on the mechanisms inside the lock