Monday, February 25, 2013

Fix Stripped Screw Holes on Doors with a Golf Tee.

If your latches, strike plates and hinges on your door can know longer be tighten you can use a golf tee to renew the hole.

 So the other day I noticed that my back door wasn't closing or locking right. After tying to realign my door I realized that the screws have been pulled out of the top hing, and would not be screwed back in.  I began to search for a good way to fix this when I came upon a fellow blogger (at abestlocksmith.blogspot.com ) who had already found a solution. Since it helped me out I thought I should share it with all of you.

How to Fix a Stripped Screw Hole with a Golf Tee:

What you will need:
  • About three golf tees, just encase one breaks
  • A hammer
  • Wood glue
 Steps on how to fix the Stripped Screw Hole:
  1. Remove old screw
  2. Insert the tee into the old screw hole
  3. Tap the tee until it is snug in the hole with the hammer
  4. Break off the tee flush with the wood
  5. Reinstall the old crew
If you feel like the tee is not snug enough into the hole feel free to put a little wood glue on the tee before hammering it in. Good luck with your repairs!

2 comments:

  1. Locksmith Milton Bonded & Covered LOCAL LOCKSMITH MILTON 24 Hours Locksmith Assist, Urgent situation 20 Second Response Amount of time in Milton, Contact us Today With regard to Greatest Locksmith Services Inside Milton...........

    milton locksmith
    locksmith milton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. I used a locksmith in toronto and they actually made my day. I didn't want to have to break a window to get inside>>>>>>>>


    milton locksmith

    locksmith milton

    ReplyDelete